With over 60 years’ experience in agriculture, we are in the prime position to offer farmers and contractors the most extensive range of farm machinery and equipment to match their ever-changing needs.
IAM Agricultural Machinery Ltd appointed sole importer for the Gregoire Besson range of machines and spare parts for Ireland. Gregoire Besson offers an extensive range of plough and tillage machinery.
Bomford Turner started life developing labour saving road building machinery after the Napoleonic wars to the inception and development of the first Arm Mowers in the late 40’s. Bomford Turner has been leading the way in design and manufacture of arm mowers.
Strautmann offers a wide range of machinery from cattle feeding, silage harvesting, muck spreading and transport technology.
In 1993 the Norwegian Plough Company Kverneland Group bought Incentive, the owners of Taarup. IAM Agricultural Machinery Ltd and Kverneland Group formed a new joint venture creating Kverneland Group Ireland Ltd.
The Rabe Company was founded in 1889 mainly producing ploughs and later developing a range of preparation and seeding equipment. It’s headquarters are located in Bad Essen, Germany and is in company synonyms with quality and durability.
1984 IAM acquired the Hardi agency for Ireland and soon became one of the premier lines with many Dealers.
The HARDI idea started in 1957, when Hartvig Jensen established the company. He was a gardener and needed a quality sprayer. After a short period the company expanded and invested in large production facilities outside Copenhagen to meet the demand for their products.
1976 IAM took on the Deutz Tractor range, having held the Fahr Combine franchise for many years.
1972 IAM moved to a new purpose built site, occupying 6 acres, on the Naas Road, Dublin. Here 8000 sq. ft. of office space and 10,000 sq ft of workshop enabled a substantial amount of pre assembly. Balers, for example, were imported from Welger in completely knocked down condition, with full assembly carried out by IAM staff.
Naas Road Premises 1980’s
IAM (Irish Agricultural Machinery) Ltd was established in 1953 by Iorwerth Jones and first traded out of Kevin St, Dublin, handling most notably Taarup, Aktiv, Welger, Busatis and Fahr.
Athy Show 1955